Bourbon Barrel-Aged Red Blend
In the spirit of American craftmanship, our Red Blend embraces the uniquely American tradition of aging in charred bourbon barrels. Sourced from Mendocino County, The Federalist Bourbon Barrel-Aged Red Blend marries bright fruit with vanilla and rich smoky caramel.
- Tasting Notes: The wine has a good entrance filling the mouth with bright Mendocino fruit and spiciness. The finish is smoky and smooth making this an uniquely complex wine.
- Bottle Size: 750 ml
- Appellation: Mendocino County
- Grape Varieties: 60% Merlot, 30% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Malbec
- Alcohol Percentage: 15%
- Fermentation: Different blocks were fermented separately to preserve ideal characteristics of each. Each block spends an average of 12 days on the skins.
- Aging: Aged 6 months in American oak barrels and finished 6 months in charred bourbon barrels.