The Federalist Dueling Pistols, from Dry Creek Valley, exhibits bright cherry jam aromas, with big fruit flavors enhanced by hints of spice and lively acidity. Raise a glass to friendship and the freedoms we enjoy everyday!
Tasting Notes: Balanced, bold, and spicy. This wine features aromas of black cherry, blackberry, pepper, and spices.
- Pairs with: Chocolate, Hamburgers, Pizza with Traditional Red Sauce, Roast Pork, Steak
- Bottle Size: 750 ml
- Appellation: Sonoma County
- Sub-Appellation: Dry Creek Valley
- Grape Varieties: 50% Zinfandel, 50% Syrah
- Alcohol Percentage: 15.10%
- Fermentation: Each varietal is blended together using only the free run portion. The individual lots spend an average of 15 days on the skins. Upon completing primary fermentation, the wine undergoes malolactic fermentation
- Aging: The separate blocks of zinfandel and syrah are blended post malolactic fermentation and are aged for 15 months in 20% new oak barrels.